Are you wondering if your Apple Watch is waterproof? With Apple Watches, it’s important to know the capabilities and limitations in order to avoid damage to your device. In this guide, we’ll go over everything you need to know about Apple Watch and water including:
- The different types of water resistance
- Apple Watch and swimming
- How to properly clean your Apple Watch
- And more!
Keep reading to get all your questions answered about Apple Watch and water.
Are Apple Watches waterproof?
Yes, Apple Watches are waterproof! They have a water resistance rating of IPX7, which means they can handle being submerged in water up to a certain depth. The depth will vary depending on the model of the Apple Watch, but it’s typically around 50 meters.
So, you can wear your Apple Watch swimming or in the shower without worry. Just make sure to clean it off properly afterwards to avoid any damage.
What does water resistance mean for Apple Watch?
There are different levels of water resistance, and Apple Watch has a few different ratings. Here’s a breakdown of the different types of water resistance:
- IPX7: This means that your Apple Watch is resistant to splashes of water. You can wear it in the rain or while washing your hands, but you shouldn’t submerge it in water.
- IPX8: This means that your Apple Watch can be submerged in water up to a certain depth. The rated depth will vary depending on the model of Apple Watch, but it’s typically around 50 meters.
- SWS3: This is the water resistance rating for the Apple Watch Edition. It means that your watch can be submerged in water up to 50 meters.
Important things to keep in mind
Here are some things to keep in mind when using your Apple Watch in water:
- avoid freshwater lakes and rivers, as these can contain bacteria and other contaminants that can cause skin irritation.
- salt water, like the ocean, can damage the seals on your watch.
- the chlorine in swimming pools can also damage the seals on your watch.
- if you’re going to be in the water for more than 30 minutes, you should use a water-resistant case.
- avoid exposing your watch to soapy water, as this can cause skin irritation.
- if you accidentally get your watch wet, dry it off as soon as possible.
- if you’re wearing your watch in the shower, make sure the water is not too hot, as this can damage the seals on your watch.
- avoid using your watch in hot tubs or saunas, as the heat can damage the seals on your watch.
- avoid using your watch in the ocean, as the salt water can damage the seals on your watch.
Can I wear my Apple Watch swimming?
Yes, you can wear your Apple Watch swimming! Apple Watch is water-resistant up to 50 meters, so you can wear it while swimming in a pool or the ocean. There are even special swimming workouts that you can do with your Apple Watch. If you want to track your swimming workouts, make sure that the Water Lock feature is turned on. This will prevent water from getting into the speaker and ruining your watch.
How do I clean my Apple Watch?
If your Apple Watch gets wet, it’s important to clean it as soon as possible. Water can cause damage to the watch if it’s not cleaned off properly. To clean your Apple Watch, you can use a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid using harsh cleaning products or scrubbing the watch too hard, as this can damage the casing. If you need to, you can use a mild soap and water solution to clean your watch. Just make sure that you rinse it well and dry it off completely before putting it back on.
Can I shower with my Apple Watch?
Yes, you can shower with your Apple Watch! The Apple Watch is water-resistant up to 50 meters, so it can handle being exposed to water from the shower. Just make sure that you’re not using any harsh soaps or scrubbing the watch too hard, as this can damage the casing. If you’re using a soap solution, make sure that you rinse it well and dry it off completely before putting it back on.